Job Title: Training Specialist
Job Code: 10185419
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia, OCONUS travel will be required.
The Company is seeking candidates to support a contract to provide support to the US Navy associated with the development, fielding and sustainment of a large family of software applications supporting shore based Navy maintenance.
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS, IDENTIFYING BOTH ESSENTIAL AND MARGINAL DUTIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Training needs assessment for each new software release.
· Schedule that includes all training tasks, training plans, training courses, and supporting materials.
· Instructor and student training materials.
· Performance metrics.
o Supporting and participating in training events (e.g. major software enhancements, new software products, product demonstrations, etc.) at various site locations.
o Supporting process improvement activities.
o Documenting and presenting findings including creation of diagrams and procedure documentation.
o Complying with the approved System Engineering Plan (SEP), Project Management Plan (PMP) and the Test and Evaluation Strategy (TES).
Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations will be required.
· 8 years of experience required for lead positions.
· 4-8 years of experience for intermediate level positions.
· Experience should include knowledge of the new or the legacy applications used by the Navy shore-based maintenance community (particularly Naval Shipyards and Regional Maintenance Centers), AND experience assisting/teaching/educating others gained as a technician/operator/educator in a classroom, lab or over-the-shoulder environment.
· Experience in resolution of application, database and network problems as they pertain to the deployment of new software releases to field activities. Experience as a help desk specialist will meet this requirement.
· Knowledge of different software languages and operating systems used by the program. Languages include C++, Java, XML, PL/SQL (Oracle), IBM Pacbase, Cold Fusion, and others. Operating systems include Windows, UNIX, Oracle 11g, Citrix 4/5/6, and others.
· Knowledge of Navy shore-based maintenance business processes, customers and applications, is desirable but not required.
· HS diploma
· An Associate or Bachelor Degree in a related field is highly desired
· Training and/or Certification in one or more of the software languages and operating systems noted above is desirable
o U.S. Citizenship required
o DoD Secret Clearance
The Company offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master’s degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more! This is an Employee Owned Company!
Apply on Line: http://nationalrecruiters.catsone.com/careers
National Recruiters, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind.
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.