Information System Security Engineer (TS/SCI)
Texas Wide Applications being accepted - (2 - Texas Work Sites)
System Security Engineer, managing design, development, implementation and operation of security programs across an enterprise serving government and commercial telecommunications WAN domains. Manages information systems security engineering activities, including planning and scheduling of work for network security engineers performing credential management, device and system hardening, intrusion detection and response, information assurance, security management applications, and project engineering. Specific duties will include providing technical direction and oversight to staff engineers performing.
- Vulnerability Scanning and remediation.
- IDS, Web App, SIEM, Firewall configuration, deployment, and maintenance.
- Security engineering design and architecture, security implementations, firewall/IPS/IDS, VMware, Microsoft, UNIX/Linux, and CISCO router/switch/IPS configuration experience.
- RMF skills including assessment and authorization
- Deployment, implementation and strategy of tools and related Network Security Management systems.
- Provides regular status reporting of security team projects to senior management and customers.
- Responsible for process definition and assurance for network security functions, ensuring configuration documents for deployed security solutions remain current and complete.
- Regularly attends conferences and seminars to represent program security interests and keep program abreast of current technologies.
- Responsible for senior level incident investigation.
- Manage a technical team responsible for the design, development and implementation of WAN/LAN security architectures.
- BS/BA in Information Security, Computer Science or related field
- 5 years related experience, with specific experience in the 2-3 of following targeted areas:
- Executing configuration control processes within a security engineering discipline.
- Managing a complex security architecture consisting of multiple trust levels.
- Provisioning and operation of Security networking equipment, including IDS, Antivirus, AAA, Firewall, Security Gateway, VPN appliances, and SIEM architectures.
- Project engineering experience or recent experience in a lead security engineer capacity for network design projects.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance required.
- CISSP certification required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.