Arabic Linguist CAT III – Work Location: Afghanistan
CAT III Linguists must be US Citizens and have an active TS/SCI US Government Clearance
This position has a work requirement for a minimum of 1 year in Afghanistan.
Provide language interpretation, translation, and transcription services needed to support high priority (essential) tasks supporting real world operations for the US Military.
· This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
· Provide accurate, complete, and trusted interpretation and/or translation of data from a variety of sources.
· Support missions by covering a wide range of styles and subjects to include: contracts and laws; treaties and international agreements on military, economic and cultural subjects; training manuals; court documents; political speeches and position papers.
· Provide on-site support for meetings or conferences, summarizing documents, reviewing translations, and ascertaining the substantive conformity of texts written in two or more languages (comparisons).
· Scan research and analyze foreign language documents for key information.
· Submit intelligence information reports and supporting graphics derived from translation activities to the customer in a timely manner.
· Maintain an awareness of all pertinent intelligence requirements levied by United States Army Southern Command and other agencies.
· Other duties may be assigned to meet mission needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Native proficiency in Arabic is preferred for Category III linguist, but is not required. CAT III linguists shall meet at a minimum the criteria of ILR level 3/3 in both Arabic and English. CAT III linguists shall be fluent in English. Additionally, CAT III linguists shall be able to understand the essentials of all speech in a standard dialect and have broad enough vocabulary that he/she rarely has to ask for paraphrasing or explanation. CAT III linguists shall be able to follow accurately the essentials of conversations between educated native speakers, reasonably make and answer telephone calls, understand radio broadcasts, news stories similar to wire service reports, oral reports, some oral technical reports and public addresses on nontechnical subjects.
Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications and ability to prepare and transmit correspondence to Headquarters. Create and maintain administrative databases.
Apply On Line: http://nationalrecruiters.catsone.com/careers
National Recruiters, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.