Job Title: PACBASE / COBOL Developer – All Levels
Job Code: 10034467
Work Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Must have the ability to acquire a SECRET
We are looking for PACBASE/COBOL Developers to work in Norfolk, VA. You will support a development team and will provide operational support and functional enhancements of a COBOL application with PL/SQL components.
Responsibilities: Assists in designing, coding, testing, developing, and documenting application programs and procedures for computer-based business systems. Develops block diagrams of program logic from program specifications. Tests resulting instructions and identifies erroneous coding and inadequate or incorrect block diagramming; Manually executes test plans for each release; Performs modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures.
Job duties may include:
- Provide programming support for life cycle maintenance of applications, including coding and unit testing.
- Test and document computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
- Prepare flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Design computer terminal screen displays to accomplish goals of user request.
- Enter program codes into computer system. Enters commands into computer to run and test program.
- Read computer printouts or observe display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or use diagnostic software to detect errors.
- Replace, delete, or modify codes to correct errors.
- Write documentation to describe basic program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Assist users to solve operating problems.
- Assist in the recreation of steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors.
- Programming experience in PACBASE and COBOL.
- Basic knowledge of SQL and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Familiarity with UNIX scripting.
- Knowledge of NAVY Shipyard applications is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Successful candidate must have an ACTIVE SECRET clearance or the ability to acquire a SECRET clearance.