Application Programmer PL/SQL – All Levels Needed
Job Code: 10928014
Job Loction: Norfolk, Virginia
Applicants Must have the ability to acquire a SECRET clearance.
Join the team that will provide support to a US Navy contract in Norfolk VA. We are looking for PL/SQL Application Programmers in Norfolk, VA. You will support a development team, working primarily with Oracle relational databases and data warehouses in a UNIX environment. The individual will be responsible for database shell scripting, SQL and PL/SQL script creation and modifications, data validation and analysis, report generation, and configuration management.
Responsibilities: Assists in designing, coding, testing, developing, and documenting application programs and procedures for computer-based business systems. Develops block diagrams of program logic from program specifications. Tests resulting instructions and identifies erroneous coding and inadequate or incorrect block diagramming; Performs modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures.
Job duties may include:
- Provide programming support for life cycle maintenance of applications, including coding and unit testing.
- Test and document computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
- Prepare flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Design computer terminal screen displays to accomplish goals of user request.
- Enter program codes into computer system. Enters commands into computer to run and test program.
- Read computer printouts or observe display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or use diagnostic software to detect errors.
- Replace, delete, or modify codes to correct errors.
- Write documentation to describe basic program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Assist users to solve operating problems.
- Assist in the recreation of steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors.
- Application programming experience in PL/SQL – various years of experience depending on level of programmer.
- Strong SQL scripting skills. Ability to perform SQL and PL/SQL coding assignments including standalone SQL scripting and database stored code (triggers, packages, procedures, and function).
- Experience with Oracle databases
- A firm understanding of the overall architecture required to support common schema based objects used to store data and implement business logic.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Successful candidate must have an ACTIVE SECRET clearance or the ability to acquire a SECRET clearance.
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.