Job Title: Database Developer PL/SQL (Unix/Linux)
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
You will be on assignment to a team supporting integration of a custom software package using the Oracle Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Suite. The Database Developers will support Oracle relational databases and data warehouses in a UNIX environment as well as SOA Suite architecture. This work is in Norfolk VA and supports the U.S. Navy. The support task is to integrate the Electronic Technical Work Document (eTWD) into the Maritime System Environment (MSE) software suite to support the Navy’s maintenance community. The integration effort will involve analysis, web and database development, and Oracle SOA Suite architecture and development.
The successful candidate will design, implement, code, test and maintain database architectures and functionality; prepare system documentation and review system documentation prepared by the eTWD development team; and perform modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures.
- Nominally 2-4 years of related database experience. Persons with more or less experience are encouraged to apply and will be considered.
- Experience with Oracle databases.
- Firm understanding of the architecture required to support common schema based objects used to store data and implement business logic.
- Ability to perform SQL and PL/SQL coding assignments including standalone SQL scripting and database stored code (triggers, packages, procedures, and functions) in compliance with standards and procedures.
- (Desired) Experience working in Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Typically a bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- (Desired) CompTIA Security+.
- (Desired) Oracle database related certification (Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle PL/SQL Developer, Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert).Security Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Secret Clearance (or ability to obtain a Secret clearance).