Area Manager of Infection Control
Kansas City Area, United States
Our client seeks a nursing professional to serve as the Area Manager of Infection Control with expertise in both leadership as well as Infection Control and Prevention in California. Responsibilities for this position include implementing and enforcing policies specific to Surveillance, Prevention and Control Programs as well as coordinating all Infection Prevention and Control throughout the hospitals and monitoring the on-going effectiveness of these activities and interventions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading an Infection Control department in a hospital setting; direct experience with NHSN data entry and reporting; experience with clinical surveillance system software
- License: State of California RN license preferred
- Certifications: Certification in Infection Control (CIC) preferred
- Computer Skills: Strong working knowledge of documenting clinical surveillance; Electronic Medical Record; other related software applications and Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, MS Excel, etc.)